Since 1991 our experience and knowledge has made us an essential reference in circus pedagogy not only in Austria, but also in Europe. At our core is the fundamental idea that humans develop through movement, and circus has been our main instrument to implement this idea.
- Circus KAOS (the first children’s and youth circus in Austria) together with Sportverein PARA developed a unique approach to work with children and teenagers from 6 months to 18 years old.
- We design and sell circus and sports material.
- We put together professional and semi-professional productions or show acts.
- We founded the Zirkusakademie Wien to train trainers and teach circus pedagogy in a structured program for adults. This is the first education program in the area of circus in Austria.
- We participate in social circus projects in South America, Africa, Asia and Europe among others.
- We’ve been shaping the development of the Austrian circus scene substantially, and contributed to the arrival of other circus schools.
- We are recognized as a strong and credible voice advocating for public support and infrastructure for circus.
Our knowledge and know-how comes from the diversity of our experiences; they are backed up by a solid theoretical background, which makes us quite unique in Austria and in Europe. We have experts and expertise we like to share for interviews, projects, or specific events. We participate regularly in seminars, conferences and congresses at home and abroad.
- Schleicher, Ruth: Kind sein im Circus KAOS – Selbstbestimmte Bewegungserfahrung als Impuls zu einem positiven Selbstkonzept. Diplomarbeit. Wien, 2006.
- Schleicher, Ruth in: Hörbuch Floridsdorf
- Schleicher, Tilmann: Oral History Interview. Projekt “Menschenleben”. Österreichische Mediathek, 2012.
- Wallraff, Sarah: Portrait prekarisierter Lebenswelten in Wien – Künstler*innen des Circus KAOS. Bachelorarbeit. Wien, 2018.